General questions

You can hire the ALX experience through payments from all over the world! Either by bank transfer or by credit card with Stripe. If you are from Latin America then we also accept payment through Ebanx, bank transfer or even vouchers and other alternative online payment options.

Global: Stripe and Bank Transfer
Latin America: Ebanx and Stripe

Your accommodation is not a concern! ALX offers you the best accommodation options in Amsterdam so that you only have to worry about living the experience. We have great options available in beautiful neighbourhoods. The rooms are spacious, the houses are furnished, and updated with nice amenities. 

At ALX we offer you all the options! We want you to live the experience in an unforgettable way and enjoy learning and of course, everything else that Amsterdam offers you.

Through our packages, you can purchase the transfer service to the hotel and you have our support 24 hours a day! And, even if you do not hire the transport service, you can also contact us in case you need assistance to get to your hotel.

They are certifications that ensure that the institute has teachers with a high degree of quality in teaching the English language. CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is the practical teaching qualification of English that provides you with the essential knowledge, teaching experience and confidence within the classroom that you need to be a teacher of English as a Second Language (ESL). It is perfect for recent graduates, career changers, or teachers looking to pursue a formal degree and who may wish to progress to other degrees.

In our case, we do not teach courses to prepare for the Toefl, that certificate is issued by the University of Cambridge. We use IELTS, which is a 15-hour course for all ages and also a “Business” that lasts 30 hours.

MixTree is an language institute ALX works with. Mixtree has excellent qualified and certified teachers that give the best quality of learning to our students. You can learn more about MixTree by going here: https://www.mixtreelang.nl/.

We offer proactive and participatory classes in small intimate settings of 10 or less students situated in very comfortable classrooms, to learn the language intensively with excellent results.

The ALX experience seeks to offer you the best, that is why we look for a way to offer quality learning with a stimulating and avant-garde environment.

Of course! Our team is in charge of advising you in the best way. Do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide you with all the necessary information so that you do not have any doubts.

If you are looking to learn or improve your English and you want to do it abroad. 

ALX brings you to The Netherlands to live a unique learning and adventure experience! We work together with multiple languages institutes, which have excellent qualified and certified teachers that give the best quality of learning to our students.

Don’t worry about this..

Nothing happens at all! You can contact our 24-hour support team, and we will respond in a timely manner. We will then proceed to closely review your request, and handle any problems you might have.

A study by the EF concluded that, together with Sweden, it is the country where English is best spoken and the most people speak it. Between 80% and 90% in contrast to Spain which has a English speaking rate of around 27%. This allows you 90%

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to provide you with a student visa in the Netherlands. However, we can help you with determining which of the other Dutch visa options is best suitable for you. For more information on this see the visa help page.   

Currently there are some restrictions when traveling to the Netherlands from abroad. Which restrictions apply, depends on the country from which you are traveling. There is currently a ban on travellers from non-EU countries with a high COVID-19 risk. However, this ban does not apply when you are fully vaccinated or if you fall under one of the other exemption categories. If you are from an EU country, a low-risk non-EU country or are fully vaccinated, you may travel to the Netherlands. There are still some requirements you will have to meet, for instance a negative test result or self-quarantine. To check which requirements apply to you, and for more detailed information please visit: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad


Yes, both bed linen and towels are provided to all guests.

We want you to be as comfortable as possible, so if for any reason you need to change your room, please contact us. we will see how we can help you – prices may change- 

Kitchen appliances vary by location, however private kitchens include a small fridge, microwave, induction cooker and kettle. Shared kitchens include a fridge, freezer, microwave, oven and an induction cooker. Extended stay guests receieve kitchen packs free of charge, which include high-quality kitchen accessories.

Check in is generally from 14.00, check out will be before 10.00. Yes you can check in early, but we cannot guarantee your room will be ready by then. However, you can always leave your luggage at reception and go explore the city!

Extended stay

Yes, it is. In The Netherlands you can always register in the City Hall, but only if you have proof of permanent residency with a BSN number, so you can avoid paying city tax. All you have to do is send us your official proof of registry. If you apply for a temporary residency and do not receive a BSN number, city tax will be applied.

In Barcelona, you can register at the Oficina de Atención al Ciudadano (Citizen Advice Office). In Germany, you can register in the City Hall at any time, however city tax will still be applied. To avoid paying city tax, you should provide proof at reception that your stay is related to business or educational purposes. In Florence, all you need to bring at check-in is your passport. Guests from outside of EU that are planning a stay longer than 90 days shoud go to the City Hall to obtain the mandatory “Permesso di Soggiorno” and to the Consolato for the VISA. You can only avoid paying city tax if you are studying at Università di Firenze or if you are in Florence for medical reasons.

No, but you can get the bike insured against theft. For less than one months’ cover, the insurance fee is just €3 per day. For five months’, it’s €35 and for 10 months’ it’s €70.

Getting your bike stolen can happen to the best of us, so it’s smart to consider getting bike insurance. Just think, if you’re insured, you only pay €90 (your own risk), which is a lot less compared to the full €350 in the case that you don’t have bike insurance.

If you’re staying with us for 14 nights or more, you’ll have your room cleaned once per week, and recieve clean linnen every two weeks. Those with a shared kitchen will have regular surface cleaning, and all common areas are cleaned daily.